Microbiology laboratory and food technology centre
Ansbach University has a fully equipped microbiological laboratory and a food laboratory. The food technology centre facilitates food processing, sampling and sensory and physical analysis of food. State-of-the-art equipment is available for the production, monitoring and evaluation of the tests. The laboratory work is centred around biotechnological production processes, as well as the changes that occur during storage and aspects of hygiene in food production. For example, researchers are currently investigating the use of biogenic waste for the cultivation of various crops (including for mushroom cultivation).
Equipment for food processing and analysis:
- Convection dryer (Innotech)
- Freeze dryer (Christ, Epsilon 1-4 LSCplus)
- Climate chamber (Kambic KK-105 CHLT)
- Rotational viscometer (Brookfield DV-II+ProExtra)
- Texture analyser (Stable Macro Systems)
- Aw-value measurement device
- IR dryer for moisture analysis
- Convection oven
- Kenwood Cooking Chef, incubators, juicers, mash barrels, scales, etc.
Tel.: +49 (0) 981 203633-30