Different investigations are carried out in our molecular biology/microbiology laboratories, for which a wide variety of devices/equipment is required.
Here is a detailed overview of our laboratory equipment and the possible investigations in the field of molecular biology/microbiology:
- Laboratories of safety levels L1 (with 20 workstations) and L2
- Modern facilities with standard microbiology equipment for testing drinking water (DIN), surface water (bathing water) and soils, as well as for microbiological soil remediation tests, toxicity tests and BSB5 measurements using OxiTop
- Fermentation test facility for the fermentation of organic substrates to determine the biogas yield (2 drying cabinets, 24 milligas counters)
- Facilities for anaerobic testing (anaerobic work bench, fumigation system for media production, gas chromatograph for the detection of H2, CO2, methane, O2 and N2)
- Equipment for molecular biological investigations (thermocycler for PCR and qPCR (together with the Department of Agriculture), fluorescence microscope, electrophoresis equipment).
- Climate chamber with variable adjustment of humidity and temperature